The neon sign for the Juliet has been in place since the opening of the theater on January 6, 1938. The Juliet was a movie theatre, first operated by Netco Theatres Corporation and later by Paramount. The architect was Krokyn and Browne of Boston. The theatre seated 579 on one level. It closed as a movie theatre on Sunday, September 8, 1990. Since its closing it has housed the Juliet Caffe Patisserie and Billiards, and now the Vassar College Book Store. It is the Arlington area’s most prominent landmark.