Grievance Day is May 24, 2022
Board of Assessment Review - Grievance Day Hours
9:00am to Noon, 1:00pm to 4:00pm and 6:00pm to 8:00 pm
Your grievance forms must be received by May 24, 2022.
There are three ways you can deliver your grievance form.
- Drop off your form at the Poughkeepsie Town Hall.
- Mail your form.
Attention: Assessor's Office
1 Overocker Rd
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Please include your phone number on your form.
(The assessor is not responsible for missing grievance forms. Call to confirm your form has been received)
Grievance Day Appointments
Scheduling a Meeting
- If you wish to schedule a meeting with the Board of Assessment Review, please try to submit your grievance forms and supporting documentation by May 20th. You can still schedule meetings after the 20th, but time slots may be limited.
- The meetings are limited to 5 minutes each.
- You can self schedule using the Book Now link below, or call the office for an appointment at 845-485-3640.
Grievance Without a Meeting
- You can submit your grievance form and supporting documentation to the Assessor’s Office and it will be given to the Board for their consideration when they deliberate on the grievances. You will receive a determination letter via mail from the Board of Assessment Review during the month of July.
Please note, whether you meet with the Board of Assessment Review, or have chosen to submit paperwork, The Board of Assessment Review does not rule on grievances on Grievance Day. They will set a future date to meet as a Board (without the assessor present) to deliberate and make final decisions. Your supporting documentation is very important for the Board in their deliberations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office at 845-485-3640.
Important Assessment Related Dates
- July 1st, 2021 - Property is valued as of this date.
- March 1, 2022 - Assessment based upon the property condition and ownership as of this date.