Grievance Day is May 25, 2021
Scheduling Your Meeting
Board of Assessment Review
9:30am to Noon, 1:30pm to 4:00pm and 6:00pm to 8:00 pm
Your grievance forms must be received by May 25, 2021.
There are three ways you can deliver your grievance form.
- Drop off your form at the Poughkeepsie Town Hall.
- Email the form to the Assessor's Office.
- Mail your form.
Attention: Assessor's Office
1 Overocker Rd
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Please include your phone number on your form.
(The assessor is not responsible for missing grievance forms. Call to confirm your form has been received)
Important Dates to Remember
- July 1st, 2020 - Property is valued as of this date.
- March 1, 2021 - Assessment based upon the property condition and ownership as of this date.
Scheduling a Meeting
- If you wish to schedule a meeting with the Board of Assessment Review, please try to submit your grievance forms and supporting documentation by May 19th. You can still schedule meetings after the 20th, but time slots may be limited.
- The meetings are limited to 5 minutes each.
- Please call the office to schedule your appointment at 845-485-3640.
- Be sure you include a working telephone number where the Board can reach you as you may be asked to wait outside the building until your appointment time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Grievance Without a Meeting
- You can submit your grievance form and supporting documentation to the Assessor’s Office and it will be given to the Board for their consideration when they deliberate on the grievances. You will receive a determination letter via mail from the Board of Assessment Review during the month of July.
Please note, whether you meet with the Board of Assessment Review, or have chosen to submit paperwork, The Board of Assessment Review does not rule on grievances on Grievance Day. They will set a future date to meet as a Board (without the assessor present) to deliberate and make final decisions. Your supporting documentation is very important for the Board in their deliberations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office at 845-485-3640.