1 Overocker Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Zoning Board Secretary
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Application Instructions and Description of Procedures
- Town Zoning Map
- Zoning Law, Town Code Chapter 210
- The Town of Poughkeepsie Local Waterfront Revitalization Program relating to Coastal Zone Overlay Districts WD-1 and WD-2 is available here.
Responsibilities of the Zoning Administrator are:
- Enforcement of Chapter 171, Solid Waste
- Enforcement of Chapter 174, Article I, Removal of Snow from Sidewalks and Hydrants
- Enforcement of Chapter 192, Abandoned Vehicles
- Receive applications and keep files for the Town of Poughkeepsie Zoning Board of Appeals
- Issuance of Garage Sale Permits
The Town of Poughkeepsie Zoning Board of Appeals (known as the ZBA) is a seven-member panel of Town citizens, with James Challey as Chairman. This Board is required by State law when there is zoning in place. The ZBA is directly given appellate jurisdiction by State law. Appellate jurisdiction is the power to hear and decide appeals from decision of those officials charged with the administration and enforcement of the Zoning Law (the Zoning Administrator and the Building Inspector). This is the primary function and purpose of the ZBA, and it encompasses the power to interpret the Zoning Law and to grant variances. The ZBA is also empowered to grant Special Use Permits under the Town's Zoning Law.
The ZBA meets regularly on the second Monday of each month. Meetings are held in the Meeting Room at Town Hall, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Applications must be received no later than 18 calendar days before the meeting date in order to be on the agenda. Contact Sandy Lane in the Zoning Office for further details at (845) 485-3650.
Zoning Board of Appeals Members:
|James Challey, Chairman||Ward 6|
|Karmen Buckey||Ward 1|
|Anthony D’Aquanni||Ward 2|
|Paul Lahey||Ward 3|
|Arthur Grace||Ward 4|
|Larry Slomin||Ward 5|
|Christine Soricelli||Ward 6|
|Phyllis Capone, Alternate||Ward 6|
A permit is required to conduct a garage sale. The permit fee is $10.00. An application form, which includes the regulations, is available on this web site.